The Richmond Shakespeare Festival is supported by a team of talented volunteers, apprentices, and mentoring professionals. We’re always looking for interested (and interesting) professional and amateur actors, set and costume builders, makeup artists, designers, and ushers.
Actors may audition at Earlham’s McDaniel Studio Theater on March 6-7 2015. Roles are available both for talented amateurs and mentoring professionals.
Anyone interested in volunteering, interning, or apprenticing should contact our Personnel Committee. If you volunteer, intern, or apprentice with us, we will match you with a professional mentor who will help you practice and improve your craft. We have specific and exciting educational opportunities available for volunteers, interns, and apprentices in:
- Theatrical construction and scenic design
- Lighting design
- Props management
- Costume design and construction
- Theatrical makeup and effects
- Stage managment
- Fundraising and development
- Non-profit management
- Community outreach
We’re currently searching for the following mentoring professionals to support our 2015 productions:
- Mentor Actors (audition on March 7-8)
- Volunteer Coordinator (UPDATE: Applications due by March 2)
- Festival Technical Director (UPDATE: Staffed)
- Festival Scenic Designer (UPDATE: Staffed)
- Costume Designer/Costumer (Titus Andronicus) (UPDATE: Applications due by March 2)
- Costume Designer/Costumer (A Midsummer Night’s Dream) (UPDATE: Applications due by March 2)
- Festival Lighting Designer/Master Electrician (UPDATE: Applications due by March 2)
- Stage Manager (Titus Andronicus) (UPDATE: Applications due by March 2)
- Stage Manager (A Midsummer Night’s Dream) (UPDATE: Applications due by March 2)
If you have any questions, please contact our Personnel Committee.